SSKV History

1904 The first decade of the 20th century could bring to the minds of the historically and nationally aware, the many high points in the development of our Indian societies. Those were the years when social reformists were questioning such practices as child marriage, subjugation and illiteracy among women.

Read More..

 


1911, December 14 This educational society formally registered itself as Conjeevaram Hindu Girls’ School Union. Sri Somasundara Sastriar was the first President, Sri.Ramanatha Sarma was Secretary; Sri.A.Ramaswamy Sastriar, Retired Sub-ordinate Judge and nephew of Sri.

Read More..

 


1943 Dr.P.R. Raghuraman, a medical doctor, an ardent nationalist and a Gandhian assumed office as the secretary and from then on the shaping of the school gained further momentum. For thirty long years he guided the institution casting it in the mould of nationalism and perfect dedication coupled with academic excellence.

Read More..

 


1956 Dr. P. S. Srinivasan, a freedom fighter and former Municipal Chairman succeeded Sri Ramaswami Sastriar.The Montessori School was started during his period. This was a truly woman friendly development.

Read More..

 


1964 The School had crossed the Golden Gate of 50 years of service to the society. Golden Jubilee was celebrated in a manner befitting an institution that had for its hallmark, culture and tradition, besides a high level of Academic Excellency.

Read More..

 


1973Dr. Vengudi Ramamurthy hand-picked by Sri C R Pattabhiraman and Dr. Raghuraman became the successor to Dr. Raghuraman as Secretary.

Read More..

 


1989In line with our tradition of not mixing the boys and the girls in a co-educational pattern a separate Boys section was created. Since then, the thrust has been to create facilities and learning conditions comparable to the city Schools providing for semi urban children an ambience of well laid out classrooms, Laboratory and Library facilities, and Computer equipments.

Read More..

 


1997Dr. C. K. Raman, who was Treasurer during Dr. Ramamurthy’s tenure as Secretary, succeeded him. The task of modernizing the School providing it with facilities continued and greatly succeeded.

Read More..